Sunday, November 29, 2015

Pencil Cases for Madame Annie and Madame Venessa


Voila!!   They were a quick finish this morning.   Miss Aurora will be thrilled and proud to give these to her teachers.

Look closely...  Do you see the straight stitching? If you want to do it, just find the right blue thread and stitch parallel lines.  Then add a red straight stitched margin line.  I took measurements from a piece of loose leaf paper.  Easy peasy.

I practiced drawing the name on paper first, then  wrote the name on the fabric with a friXion pen. I hand stitched over my markings with red floss.  Any marks that showed, disappeared when I gave the pencil case a final ironing.

See, it's big enough for lots of pens and pencils. And
there's nothing like a little crystal zipper pull to make any
plain gift sparkle.

1 comment:

MissesStitches said...

Beautiful! I love your method for "making" lined paper and then your embroidered name on the lines. You do such great work!