Thursday, September 4, 2014

Using (err mis-using) the Pfaff Applique Foot


Do you do this?  Use your presser feet for another use than the one it was intended.  

I have many feet that I use on my several Pfaff machines. In particular, I have used this 6 mm open toe applique foot for everything over the years.  Lots of zig-zaggy things such as satin stitch etc.  But lately, I love it for top stitching.  Most, if not all of my small projects have some sort of top stitching on it.   

This foot has red markings which I use for eye-balling where I want my stitching to be.   And the center opening is exactly a quarter of an inch.   That means that if I use the edge of the inside of the foot as a guide, and leave the needle in the center position, I will get a nice one eighth inch top-stitching detail.   

When I do zippers, I find that one side of this applique foot rides nicely on the zipper tape when doing the stitching.  Even as can be.   



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great description of this foot. Much appreciated.

momto1 said...

Who knew??? Thanks for the 1/4" tip. That's really going to come in handy!