Thursday, July 22, 2010

Christmas in July

Do you do Christmas projects in July?

Actually I have 3 projects I want to do, and want to finish them in the month of July. That means sewn, quilted and bound. If the weather continues to be hot and muggy, it may slip into August, but that's ok too.
.
The first project is a Sugar Cookie table runner. This free pattern was on the Moda Bake Shop site some time ago, and I really loved it. Mine will be festive and I was inspired by this fun charm pack called Fruitcake. As you can see, I couldn't wait to start. I've cut my hexagons already.
.
Next, I've always wanted to sew a blue Christmas project. I bought these fabrics while in PEI at the Quilt Gallery in O'leary a couple of weeks ago. This Yuletide Jewel pattern is by Karen at Sew Karenly.
.
And my last project is another spicy spiral table runner. I hope to teach this class to a few local guilds this fall, so this will be fun to have as a sample.

Are you doing a Christmas in July project?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Its great to know you plan to teach the Spiral Table Topper to some of the guilds locally. I hope I get the opportunity to partake. Beautiful work you do.
Lucy

MissesStitches said...

Good for you! Your projects look like good ones. Sorry I don't live closer so I could take your class! :-(

Karen said...

Lol! The last time I was at the Quilt Gallery I left with an armload of blue Christmas fabrics too! I am still admiring them, and not sure what I will make yet. It will be interesting to see the Jewel done in blues.