Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Working on a Late Bloomers Quilt

Happy New Year!      I'm at my home away from home and have limited sewing supplies.  I've left my Trail Mix scrap quilt at home, and will continue on that in the spring...

While I don't make resolutions, I am excited for my 2018 sewing plans.   It's my intention to work on a couple of quilts that have been unfinished.  They are kits that are partly sewn.     

Today I started working on this Late Bloomers quilt from American Patchwork and Quilting April 2012 magazine.   I had cut myself a kit, and bagged it for later use.  I think it was two years ago, I started working on it, but found the instructions needed lots of concentration to figure out all the different sizes of the hourglass blocks.   It could have been just me at the time... to many things going on... so I just put it all back in the zip bag and said I'll do it later.

Well later is now - January 2018.    I've familiarized myself with all the components and the pattern again.... I'm finding the instructions just fine.    I am sewing hourglass blocks.   The next step is to trim them to the exact size.   I forgot my small 6.5" squaring up ruler so I'll need a trip to the fabric store to buy one. 

I'm hoping to have Late Boomers quilt top done by the end of January.     So, check in with me next week to see how I'm doing...


1 comment:

Donna's chitchat said...

what are your colors? What a sweet quilt...