Monday, May 1, 2017

Corked!!

I've been preparing to go to Nova Scotia for a week.   I didn't want to start anything new until after I got home.  

With it being a drizzly day, and not much planned, I thought I'd cut out a project so I could work on it when I get home.     Well, one thing lead to another, and I am almost finished.

It's cork fabric.    I bought it while in the states over the winter.  It's quite expensive so I thought I'd try a small project with it.    It's a bit difficult to work with since you are not supposed to iron it or pin it.   I used wonderclips ...

And here it is.     It's not quite done.   I haven't figured out how to make the strap.  I'm thinking on it.


3 comments:

Donna's chitchat said...

Its very stunning in real life. The picture doesn't do it justice at all... I love it.

Linda H said...

I recently heard of someone else working with cork. Had never heard of it. I expect it is quite lightweight?

Kathy said...

It should last a LONG time. Bet it wasn't easy to work with though. Bring it Friday?? Thanks.