Monday, May 23, 2016

I Designed a Row!

I had some fun recently designing Diane's Row for the up coming Row by Row summer promotion.  It starts on June 21st.    Home Sweet Home is the theme this year.  Shops were to design a row that features something that makes their town unique.  Diane chose the Boyce Market.  We all know what a special place that is.   The Boyce Market folks were pleased that she chose them to feature.

Once she made the decision, I was off to the races. I had lots of ideas and landed on this simple idea. I ended up using the market logo as a starting point.  I really like it and it was colorful.   I used a piece of the special row by row fabric in the design. It's portrays a community of shops and homes.  And right in the middle of it, is the Market.   A Saturday morning sunrise is the perfect start for visit to the market!

We shared the design and a photo of finished row with The Boyce Market folks last week.  They loved it.  They want a wall hanging for their office!!!

Do you like it?   It can be seen in Diane's shop, Country Crafts and Curtains on York Street in downtown Fredericton.

You will be able to get the free pattern starting on June 21 by going to the shop!!   Check out all the other NB shops participating here.


6 comments:

Karen said...

It's fabulous, Gail! I especially like how the tail feathers remind me of fiddle heads (was that intentional?!) Great job!

Dolores said...

It's a great row but since I'm in Ontario, I doubt I'll get over to pick it up. I did participate last year and won - AND it was hand quilted.

Heather said...

Looks wonderful. Nice to see the finished panel after seeing your design plan in Florida.

Kathy said...

I love it!

Calicojoan said...

That's just adorable! Oh if only we could travel to every participating shop! LOL!!

Sandi said...

Lovely collaboration of theme fabric and a special community place. Love how the quilting adds another level of design.