Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Frogging - Ugg!!

I'm moving along nicely on my scarf.....and something is not right.    I realize that my bobbles are too big.   In reading the pattern, it said MB for make bobble.  I googled knit bobbles, and the first 3 articles I read had a 5 stitch bobble.   So I made 5 stitch bobbles.

 As I move along, I now have 15 bobble along the edge of my scarf and it was bothering me that they are not the same as the picture...  I re-read the pattern.... ug... they call for 4 stitch bobbles.

I knew it wasn't looking right...

Ribbit Ribbit....


It's only a few hours of work but I know I'll like it better with the more delicate bobbles.  I'm also taking the opportunity to use a cream colored yarn this time.  I wasn't crazy about the heathered light brown.    This yarn is Briggs and Little.    I have a couple of points done, and I like the size of the bobbles much better.   But now I'm concerned that the Briggs and Little is not soft enough.... Seems a bit course in knitting this bit...

I'm contemplating another restart with softer cream yarn!!!


1 comment:

Lee said...

Didn't someone say on Friday that washing the Briggs and Little yarn with fabric softener made a difference?