Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Presenting: St. Dunstan's 2015 Raffle Quilt - Churn Dash

As you know, I've been working on this queen size churn dash quilt since the beginning of November.

I started out by pouring through my fabrics to get some nice colors.... Some of the fabrics have music notes, some have stars, like Christmas stars and while none are solids, they look like solids from a few feet away.    Since many of the fabrics could be church related,  I've been calling this the Church Dash quilt.    I had half a mind to stitch Church Dash on the label, but I have a feeling that the girls wouldn't get my humor..., so it'll just be called Churn Dash.   I chose to put it in an on-point setting for added interest.   There are three borders.  The first is white, then a strip of colors, then white again.   It will have a nice red binding, to match one of the reds in the quilt.

I've had this quilt done for a week now and I'll be handing it over to the St. Dunstan's Quilters this Thursday.  I  know they will love it since it's quite traditional, yet the on-point setting will make it interesting.  They will do their marvelous hand quilting on it over the winter.  

Do you like?





.  


2 comments:

PaintedThread said...

Like? Love. I didn't realize the churn dashes weren't out to the edge of the block. I really like how they look all put together, not touching. The colored border is a nice touch.

Linda H said...

Beautiful! Can't wait to see it all quilted!!