Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Wedding Crafts - Part 1

For Patience and Brian's wedding, I did do a few crafty things.    First and most important, I put together Patience's birdcage veil.  We made it together.  We did a mock up of the headpiece on my "ham".   
When we had it sorta perfect, I glue gunned it down to a felt base then trimmed.   It was just sweet.  We added a few crystals to give it a twinkle.  When we get the photographers pictures next week, I'll show you how perfect it looked on Patience for her big day.


Baby Phoebe was the youngest child.
Just 2 months old.
Since there was lots of kids coming to the wedding from the age of 2 months to 15 years, I thought I'd do a little something for the kids.  For the girls, these pencil case sized pouches were so girly and fun to make.  You have seen me use this same pencil case idea here and here and here.   I sketched out each of their names on the light muslin with my friXion pen.  Then free-motion machine stitched over the flower stems and drafted names.  Buttons from my collection for the flower heads were then machine sewn on.   The pouches were filled with fun treats and given to the kids before they went home.   I ran out of steam by the time it was time to make something for the little boys, so they got a nice cello bag with candy with dinky toys.
 
14 little pencil cases with cute bead zipper pulls






2 comments:

Kathy said...

Sweet keepsakes!
Love Patience's "topper"!

Linda H said...

Just sweet Gail! You are amazing- so talented! And full of ideas!!