Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Quilting the Spiral

I had seen this fun machine quilting technique a while ago and recently came across a tutorial on Pinterest.  

I really like the look.   I put together some scraps from a recent project to give this spiral technique a try.     The hardest part is starting the circle.  I started by drawing the center with a frixion pen.   The stitching gets easier as you go. The hard part is not to stitch fast.  If you do, you will skip stitches.   I really love the look.    

I used two layers of warm and natural batting and now I have a nice scrappy hot pad for my 9 by 13 Pyrex dish.  

Why not give this technique a try.

The tutorial can be found here at the Quilting Edge.

3 comments:

Beatrice said...

Hello, it looks lovely! Thanks for the link to the tutorial. Beatrice (from France).

Donna's chitchat said...

Great idea. love it

heather said...

Thank you for the link to this...def want to try it....your work us beautiful and I get inspired....I started and finished making the O Canada blocks(18) during the Olympics while cheering for Team Canada...totally motivated by the ones I had seen on your blog...thank you !