The Quilt Show's Block of the Month quilt is coming along nicely now for me. Last week, once I moved off the problem A block, I found it was easy to take one block at a time and work on it. After the slow start in January, I am thrilled at how easy the February blocks went.
I really love this design. I have a week before the next blocks are published (March 1) Even then, I've decided that I won't do them for a week or so two after the instructions are released. If any problems are identified, the quilters are quick to point out errors.
I had initially thought I would do the applique of the letters when I get home, since that's where my thread stash is. But since I have lots of time before I start the March blocks, I thought I'd pick up four or five small spools of colored thread and do the stitching on the fused letters.
The pattern suggests that the applique stitching be done in a color that coordinates with the block. I would have done it in black so it would not be noticeable. So colored threads are a bit of a bold move in my books but I will give it a try to see how I like it. Stay tuned.