Friday, December 20, 2013

A little Seaside zippered bag



As you know, I love making small projects.   I've been making little zippered bags for some time. All kinds of nice detailed techniques.  What is different about this little zippered bag, is that after boxing the bottom corners, it is the same width at the top as at the bottom.     I do like shape of this bag.     On previous projects I learned how to do the zipper ends, so the corners of the bag don't cave in.  I like adding a little themed fabric patch to a project.  A little zipper pull is a must.  It doesn't have to be too fancy.  And now, added to my likes, is the shape of this bag.  

I have a small collection of what I call seaside colored and themed fabrics and thought this was a perfect time to try this color combination.   

This prototype bag is almost nine inches wide and has a depth of about two inches at the bottom.  A little starfish and red crystal  on the zipper pull adds a little interest.    

To a second prototype bag, I added a pocket panel to the inside.   It won't take 15 minutes to finish up this bag.  These will go into the cupboard for a quick gift or for a craft sale donation.


1 comment:

Kathy said...

I am thinking that a tutorial is in order Gail. These are sweet and so functional!!
please,please for me for Christmas?!