Friday, September 20, 2013

So far, I Love my Wonder Clips

This morning I was making some reusable sandwich bags out of black nylon and I used a polyester lining.  Neither fabric takes a press very well, and it's not easy to pin with regular pins.  I found the Wonder clips to be a perfect alternative to pins.  I didn't take a picture, but on the other end, I clipped in the long velcro strip.  I detest pinning through velcro so the clips were so easy.

I'm glad I bought the larger 50 pack because with making a dozen of these bags at a time, and doing an assembly line sewing, I had 36 of the clips being used at the same time.   

Another benefit that I had not realized, is that there is no chance of accidentally sewing over a pin or clip because they won't go under your pressure foot, of course.  No bent pins or broken needles today.  :)  I'll continue working on these sandwich bags tomorrow, adding the other side of the velcro closure and a little decorative patch.  

I'll show them to you when I'm done.  



1 comment:

Kathy said...

Your work always looks so neat and organized. Show me one of these bags sometime Gail.