Saturday, August 3, 2013

Christmas in July Table Mat - Winter Seeds


I'm so pleased with how this "Winter Seeds" table mat turned out.  I intended to be done earlier this week, but life happens, and it just got finished today.   This table mat is for my sister. I have another already cut out for myself  but I need batting, so after I get that, I'll finish it.  On this project,  I found that the straight line quilting took longer than I expected. Free motion quilting would have been a lot quicker, but I love the look of these straight lines.   And binding those inner corners was tricky.  But if you are a quilter with intermediate binding skills, you'll have no trouble. 

Many thanks to the Crafty Quilter for her free Winter Seeds pattern.    I really enjoyed making this as my Christmas in July 2013 project.

1 comment:

Donna's chitchat said...

Oh my GOD I love it.... it doesn't look christmasy to me... so I can use it all year long. It will look so sweet and welcoming on my round table in the dining room! Yeah! Thank you... and I love the straight stitching, it really makes its!