I was cleaning up my sewing room this week after a flurry of costume and curtain making last week. I came across a bag of blocks that I had made two years ago.
I had put it away because I sewed all the blocks backwards from what the pattern said. I didn't have the heart to or the brain power continue, so I put it away. This week when I came across the bag deep in my stash, I recalled why it was there, grimaced and pulled out a few blocks. I knew it could go together somehow, just not the way the pattern layout indicated. I just placed the blocks differently and it went together nicely. Easy Peasy.
In the original pattern by Kim Shaefer, the pinwheels spin the other way. So this is setting on my bed, and I'll make some setting triangles, sew the blocks together, add some borders, and voila, a scrappy quilt top is done.
I really like how the blocks are nothing like what the pattern turns out to be.