Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Lots of new things on my cutting table


I just got  back from Country Crafts and Curtains downtown.  It was nice to have a little fun chit chat about crafts with Diane.   But I have to tell you, it's like Christmas in there.  Lots of new stock and I just fell in love with this "Trim the Tree" stitching pattern.   I can't wait to trace it off later this afternoon.  I might even start working on it this evening.

For a long time, I've had two quilts on my to-do list that require templates.   They are the Winding Ways quilt and a Storm at Sea quilt.   Monica W. from our guild will be leading a Storm at Sea class in April, and I'll be the first to sign up for that one.  Got my templates, got lots of fabric, now I will have to hold myself back from doing it.    I'll play with the Winding Ways templates to see how easy or hard they are to use.      

And finally, a blue spool of thread, it's Sulky 12 weight.  Exactly what I love to do hand embroidery.  She also has a fresh supply of Sulky Christmas Red if you've been looking for some.    

2 comments:

Linda H said...

I'm curious about the Sulky 12 wt. What would it be close to weight-wise, in a Perle Cotton?

Donna's chitchat said...

I can't find my red spool you gave me.... where did I tuck it when I left your house.... ugh.. whaaaaaaaa