Sunday, December 16, 2012

Catch a Falling Star

This quilt has been on the frame for over a year.  We are only a small group of quilters hand quilting at the church.  And we only quilt is good weather.  If it's snowing or uncomfortable to drive, we don't quilt.  So it's taking a while.  We don't mind at all though.  No pressure is on us to get it done.

Since the choir practices on Wednesday afternoons when we quilt, we have been enjoying all the Christmas music.  And after the practice, we get little visits from choir members and others who happen to come through the doors.    We are almost ready to roll both side of the quilt.  Right into the center row of stars now.    We are done until after the holidays now, but we will only a few weeks left to quilt before this beautiful quilt will be done.  We've given it a name and I will make a label this week.   Catch a Falling Star.    Just like Perry Como's song.  Do you remember the words.   I've been singing it in my head all week.


Catch a Falling Star
Catch a falling star and put it in your pocket
Never let it fade away
Catch a falling star and put it in your pocket
Save it for a rainy day

For love may come and tap you on the shoulder some starless night
Just in case you feel you want to hold her
You'll have a pocketful of starlight

[Chorus]

For love may come and tap you on the shoulder some starless night
Just in case you feel you want to hold her
You'll have a pocketful of starlight 
(Pocketful of starlight, hm,hm,hm,hm,hm,hm)

5 comments:

Kathy said...

Oh...I used to love that old song. A good one to revamp and sing to DGD before bedtime !
The quilt top...I loved BEFOREthe quilting, so....I for one would like to win it😍!

Dolores said...

Gorgeous looking quilt. I do hope you remember to take a photo of it once it's off the frame.
Too bad there aren't singers or shows like Perry Como or Andy Williams any more.

Dolores said...

I was just reading your 'to do' list and noticed the onion quilt. It sounds intriguing. What does it look like?

Colleen G said...

I love your quilt and the name; it brings back memories of my first "crush" on an entertainer, when I was four. I was allowed to stay up late to watch his show, and making the memory even more poignant, we were living at Gagetown at the time. Now I will be singing it too.

Anonymous said...

Gail, I love your quilt and I LOVE the name of it! I saw my beloved Perry Como live in Portland ME in December 1993 -- fabulous concert. What a thrill to be there.

Jeanne Kaye