Sunday, November 18, 2012

Beyond Stipplling - Teaching a Free Motion Class



I'm teaching a mini-class tomorrow.  It's on Free Motion sewing and for small number of confident stipplers.  They want to take their free motion sewing and quilting up a step.  

I have been preparing for this class for a few weeks now.  In addition to making samples, preparing hand-outs, collecting samples to show, and preparing fabric sandwiches to demonstrate, I've been getting familiar with a borrowed Babylock Jane sewing machine. It's almost exactly like my straight stitch machine that I use every day.   I'm so glad that I have the use of this machine for my classes.  It saves me from taking down my machine.  Many thanks Holly!

I'll be sharing a number of techniques and tricks with my class.  But some of you may know this, the real key, is to practice, practice, practice.

Anyway, tomorrow's students will give me feedback on the class in preparation for a larger sized and longer class next Saturday.

So, are you a confident stippler?

4 comments:

Sandra said...

Free motion quilting~hmm. I just got a new janome 89000, so I am hoping to practice, practice with it over the Christmas holidays. My other machine is a 20 year old Kenmore; it's been a great "sewing" machine, but a quilting machine it is not!!

MissesStitches said...

Gail, I think it would be great if you showed us close-ups of some of your quilting designs. I caught a few glimpses, but I'd sure like to see them in more detail. Pretty please?

Donna's chitchat said...

i am not a confident stipler.. so I would like to take your free motion stippling course via skype.. please give me some assignments.. like.. how to even start!

Kathy said...

Gail, you will have a great class on Saturday! The guinea pig class went well for the confident stipples among us! Thanks again! Mind you I have to learn to pack my car properly after a class!!!