Monday, September 24, 2012

Who are you running for?

When you run in the Run for the Cure marathon, everyone wears a Marathon Tag on their shirt that is pre-printed with "Who are you running for?" on it.   I've run and walked the marathon many times, and those little signs attached to the runners backs or fronts get me every time.  Some have the word Mom or Sister written on them, and others have the names of friends.  

To add to my fundraising this year, I made up a hand stitching/Embroidery kit and had a mini raffle at each of the quilt guilds that I belong to.    The kit included a two marked pieces, ready for stitching.  One would be a practice piece just in case the winner of the kits were a little rusty on their hand embroidery.  By the time they finished the little practice piece, they would be confident and anxious to start the larger stitchery.    The kit also included a needle case with needles, a threader, scissors and a sparkly scissor charm.   Also included was a perfectly sized 5" spring hoop, and a large spool of Sulky Christmas Red 12 wt thread.  These were given to me by Diane at Country Crafts and Curtains.  (Thanks Dianne).  

My two guilds are awesome.  They are always so good at supporting me.   Between the two guilds, I raised $225 dollars for Breast Cancer in our area.   I'm so pleased.

So, who are you running for this Sunday, September 30th?    See you there.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So glad to read of your successful fund raiser for the Run for the Cure, Gale! Well done and congrats!

Jeanne Kaye