Friday, January 6, 2012

St. Dunstan's Log Cabin 88 of 120 blocks done.

I put some of the blocks on the spare bed to see how the layout was going to look.  First thing I thought was that maybe I've made this way too big. It's intended to be a queen size borderless quilt in that it's strictly blocks from edge to edge.  With only 32 more blocks to sew together, I'll be moving into the layout phase soon.  I enjoy that phase and usually  have one of my little helpers to look for places I need to change blocks out.  

This is a closeup of one of the blocks.  I've used a traditional gold for the center of each block and light cream/tan prints for the light logs.  I like how they are all different and the texture it adds. 
It's my first time doing a log cabin quilt, but won't be the last.   Love the Marti Michel techniques. 

3 comments:

Donna's chitchat said...

I love it. I remember making a log cabin, but I don't remember why I would. Maybe with Joan...
Anyway, so pretty...

Dolores said...

Pretty colours. I thought the traditional was a red centre standing for the hearth/heart of the cabin.

Julia said...

Beautiful...I've been wanting to make a LC...just need to get started.
Julia ♥