Wednesday, October 5, 2011

St. Anthony's Quilt - Blocks and Layout done

Well, for about a week now, I've been so close to finishing my 128 blocks and today, they're done. Yippee      They're pressed and stacked.    Now the fun part is to lay them out and see what my fabric choices look like.    It seems like I've been working on the blocks forever!!    But it's only been since mid-August.  And take away the couple weeks we were on vacation, and a week of jetlag recovery, it's not to bad.  

 

This is the layout.  I haven't put the white squares in yet, but they are done.  I just wanted to get the idea what the quilt will look like with the fabrics that I chose.   I like it.  There are mostly darks...mediums..  with lots of colour.   reds, golds, greens and a few blues.  

But in the picture above, do you see that stack of blocks on the lower part of my layout - they're extras.  I'm totally confused.   It's not the first time I've been confused with my own notes.   I dig out my little green paper with my quilt plan notes.   Yep, there it is in writing.. I needed 128 blocks.   But in actual fact, I now know that I only needed 105 blocks...Really, I thought this was a no-brainer.   But I guess I should be running my quilt math notes by my mathy friends to see if my plans make sense.... gesh.

None the less, I'm a happy quilter today, and I'm glad to be moving on to the next step.  That is sewing the blocks together.   I need to have it done by the weekend because I have some kiddos coming on the weekend for Thanksgiving, and they'll be sleeping on that bed! 


3 comments:

Donna's chitchat said...

so, now you have 23 blocks done on your next quilt.. or a little quilt.. or pot holders.. or ..... what fun... 23 extras.. baahhhaaa....
Your church quilt looks awesome already...

MissesStitches said...

The quilt looks like it will be beautiful--no surprise! And you have a bonus with all the leftover blocks! Enough for another quilt. . .

Lee said...

Even your "mathy friends" can make that same mistake... Nice that it was too many rather than too few!