Saturday, June 18, 2011

Saturday - Twin Baby Boys quilts update

A few weeks ago, I cut a kit to  make two quilts for a set of twin boys who will be born in July sometime.   This week, I spent a few hours getting into these two quilts.  

I'm using the Itty Bitty Baby Boy Quilt pattern from Piece and Quilts.  The free pattern can be found on the Moda Bakeshop here.  I've adjusted the pattern so it's a bit smaller.   I plan to have these quilts done by mid July, just about the time they are born. 

So I now have the 60 brown blocks with the blue criss crosses in them, and the 40 white blocks with the criss crosses on them.

Later this week, I'll be laying out  the alternating criss cross blocks to form the argyle pattern and put in the plain white blocks, then sew them together.

No comments: