Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Cutting a Kit- Apple Cinnamon Rag Quilt

Well, the weather is still not what we have been waiting for, so with all my little rainy day projects done, I've decided to cut a kit to make in the fall.  This is a sweet rag quilt from a pattern in this Leisure Arts book, Cut Sew, Quilt As You Go book and I've seen the quilt twice before. 

I can't quite remember the first place I saw it, (Fabricville in Saint John, NB I think), but the second time I saw it last fall at the Cotton Mill Guild's show and tell.  It was made by Estella M. 

Well, ever since I saw it last fall, it's been in the back of my mind and I decided I would make it.  I'm using all fabrics from my stash and I love it because it uses a "quilt as you go" method, so when it's done, it's done!


So here is my kit.  The only empty pizza (project) box I had is the one that I will put Grace's quilt in, but since that's a while away, I'll use it for the Apple Cinnamon Quilt in the meantime.  All I have to do is cut out the batting piecess that go in the quilt.

Tomorrow, I start cutting another kit.  Stay tuned.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Now this quilt might make a wonderful quilt class. It is so nice. You inspire me.
Lucy