Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Posy Needle Wallet - A prototype

I had fun this morning making up this Posy Needle Wallet prototype from my new Sew Necessary book. 

Do you make prototypes of your small projects? 

I learned lots from making this sample.  I used scraps from my stash, and I really like the outside colors. I think I would use different colors on the inside.   I did make several small errors in constructing this, and I'll know better next time.  Reading the directions very carefully would have helped!!   I do intend to make a few of these Posy Wallets..  It's a nice size.  About 6" tall when it's all folded up.  I want to use it to tote all my hand quilting stuff to my Wednesday afternoon hand quilting group.  

While I don't have everything in it yet, here's what I intend to carry in my fully loaded Posy Wallet. 
  • Scissors - (Now I need to make a fob)
  • Gum/mints
  • Golf size Pencil with eraser
  • Pins
  • Small  pliers
  • Small Pad of paper
  • Thimbles
  • Broccoli Elastic
  • Hand Quilting Needles
  • A couple of bandaids

I don't bring thread because we leave that with the quilt.   Sew...What else would you tote to your hand quilting group?

4 comments:

Calicojoan said...

That is the greatest book isn't it!

Donna's chitchat said...

Safety pins, a mini ruler. a magnifier... or one of those "owl" magnifiers. Why? because... you just never know.

I love it by the way!

Linda H said...

Toooo cute Gail! Would Love to see it "in person"...

Joanne said...

The needle wallet is a great idea, it is so pretty.
I am hoping to find a copy of that book.♥