Sunday, March 13, 2011

Placemat Monday

Our guild is having a quilt show at the end of April.  We've been asked to make placemats that will be used as part of the decor.   After the quilt show, the placemats will be donated to a local community organization.

I plan to make 3 or 4 placemats, and here is the first one I finished.   I practiced some machine quilting techniques...  I was following Judy Woodworth's Freemotion Quilting book.    There are nice ideas in using multiple techniques.   I had some difficulty.  I'm pretty comfortable making feather sprays, but adding the outer designs proved to be harder than it looked. 

 I'm hoping next weeks placemat is better..

8 comments:

MissesStitches said...

It looks absolutely beautiful! Good job.....

Mary Johnson said...

It's lovely Gail and what a great idea to show them and then donate them.

Linda H said...

Looks great to me Gail!!

Karen said...

Gorgeous, Gail - it will be the talk of the show! I like the criss-cross up the feather spine - haven`t seen that before.

Donna's chitchat said...

Oh, that is beautiful. I love the colors too. Would go well in my house.. darn.....

Anonymous said...

Looks great! Maybe you have inspired me to get going. Linda G

Betsy said...

I literally gasped at how beautiful this placemat is! It's so versatile too, I love it.

Julia said...

Love your quilting Gail..