Thursday, February 17, 2011

Mitchell's quilt - Week 1 of 6

I'm hoping to have Mitchell's quilt done in the next 6 weeks.  My plan is to have it done by the end of March and send it home with one of the snowbirds returning to Fredericton.  It'll be quilted and ready to bind by the time I get home mid-April.  

I have a good head start on it in that everything is cut, and all my 1/2 square triangles are sewn but not cut apart.   Today is day one.  Even though I haven't sewn a stitch, I have my sewing space all set up I'm already to start stitching. 

In my estimation, the 147 birds in the air blocks will take most of the time to sew. I'm reserving the final 2 weeks to assemble the center, and then add borders.  So that means that I'm going to try to have the birds done in 3 - 4 weeks.  On my sewing extention table, I have the first of 147 birds in the air blocks in place, ready to sew. 

Check in next Thursday to see how many I have done. 

1 comment:

Lee said...

Um, are you just moving your sewing schedule to a warmer climate?