Saturday, July 10, 2010

Travel Accessories

Later this fall, hubby and I will be travelling to Europe with two other couples. We are having a dinner together next week to celebrate making our final payment on the trip.
.
I'm making some travel accessories for each of the other couples to give them at the dinner next week. Here are the items that I finished today. The Take-Along Bag (by Lazy Girl Designs) is a favorite of mine, as you probably know. This fun RCMP and maple leaf fabric is perfect for our international travel.
.
I also made each couple a pair of luggage tags as well. I used the luggage tag tutorial that can be found on my sidebar. I modified the pattern a bit so that the tag is in the shape of a tag instead of a rectangle. I like it.
.
There is another another travel item that I want to make for each of them too. It's a free pattern called the Aeropac by StudioKat designs, but I'm not sure I'll have time to make them by our dinner Tuesday. We'll see....

10 comments:

Linda H said...

Wherever did you find that fabric with the Mounties and maple leaves??? It is sweet!!! How perfect for your projects..

Joanne said...

Great bags! Thanks for the link there are some great patterns there.

Donna's chitchat said...

what a great idea, Gail... so fun!

Vicki W said...

Not only are these great gifts but they are so well done!

Anonymous said...

Lucky travelling companions! Linda G

Quilting Queen said...

You're such a sweetie. What a nice thing to do...wanna travel somewhere with me?????

Karen said...

What great ideas you have. Love the Mountie fabric, Gail- did that come from the Island by any chance?

Heather said...

Love the mountie and maple elaf fabric. May I ask where you found it?
Heather

pwl said...

Oh - thank you for the link! I never looked through their free instructions, and we're traveling to England in less than a month.

I LOVE that Mountie & Maple Leaf fabric!

verobirdie said...

Lovely set! I made the passport bag already and I liked it.