Wednesday, June 30, 2010

I Spy Quilt Ideas - Part 2 of 3

Welcome to Part 2 of "I spy Quilt Ideas" If you came here without visiting part one, be sure to go here to see Part one. And don't forget to stop by to see "I spy quilt Ideas Part 3".

Go to http://www.allpeoplequilt.com/ for many free patterns. This little spy glass quilt is darling.


I Spy a House - Why not put some fun I spy fabrics in the windows and doors. There's even a tutorial at this to make wonky houses.

How about the popular jar quilt. Good for bugs and food charms. This ones comes from here I love the Jam Jar. There are many jar templates available and here's one to get you started, Scale down this jar pattern from About Quilting to use your 5 inch charms.


Who says I spy quilts have to be made into kids quilts. Why not make an I spy Table Mat. This hexagon shape is really nice.
.

OR here's a free pattern called Sugar Cookies for a traditional shaped runner using 39 your I spy charms cut into hexagons.


I Spy Diamonds. I didn't see a free pattern, but it certainly looks like a great layout. It also looks like it's "Quilt as you go" friendlyas well .



How about a Happy Block I Spy quilt designed by Mary. Her free pattern for this quilt can be found here.


Or Mary's free Twisted Happy Block pattern can be found here.

Scour your I spy stash packs to find 26 blocks and make an ABC quilt like this. Each block is for the letter of the Alphabet.


Make your 120 charms stretch into multiple quilts. Use 35 charms for this quilt as you go, Box in a Box style.

And for a scrappy look with many colors and an on point setting, you will have a very different look.

"Find the Match" . How about an I spy with matching charm squares.

2 comments:

MissesStitches said...

What great I Spy ideas! Thanks, Gail.

Anonymous said...

This was so helpful - thank you!