Sunday, June 6, 2010

Do you like Dark Chocolate?

I'm auditioning fabrics for another Batik Beauty. It's going to be called "Dark Chocolate". These will be the colors for the outer paper pieced sections which I'll do first. I like this color arrangement for the points I really like the dark brown background.
.
This being my third beauty, I'm learning how to do some of the components quicker. I find it faster to pre-cut the shapes for the paper piecing part. Each of the 8 sections can be done in a serial fashion. Paper piece a wedge on all 8 then press all eight before moving on to add the next wedge of color.
.
The center part of the beauty will have an assortment of batiks. There will be dark green batiks in the four center pieces which will give a bit of a less random, more planned look to the table runner.

With the forcast calling for 2 days of rain, you may see "Dark Chocolate" finished sooner than later.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great idea to cut the wedges before starting. Can't wait to see Dark Chocolate completed. Lucy

Anonymous said...

I would love to do one of those. Was reading book on beauties in the car on our trip. Linda