Tuesday, November 24, 2009

CQ Monday - Week 4 of 5

Ok, I know it's not Monday, but I've been a little behind. I'm sure glad I have this little Monday thing to keep me going. I spent a good part of the weekend installing a new hard drive in my IBM notebook. It's 2.5 years old and it started acting funny, so I called IBM and they had me do a test with a secret key combination and sure enough, there were errors. I was lucky that I copied all my data and photos off the computer, but I did have to re-install every program that I was using. I was impressed with IBM though. When I called, there was no press 1 for this, 2 for that. The person who answered, assisted me through my whole ordeal, and was quick to say, I'm sending you a new hard drive and bootable disks. I got them the very next day. I was impressed.

Anyway I'm starting to get distracted with other sewing projects and seasonal activities so I'm really glad I gave myself the little Monday challenge to help me get my Crazy Quilted socks done. Last evening, I did manage to get all my buttons out and it's fun making a little cluster. They do take more time that I remember. The button cluster and the silk ribbon rose cluster took the entire time that I was watching Dancing with the Stars.

I did manage to start applying some buttons to my Christmas Socks but every time I pick up the socks to start to work, I keep saying, oh, that line of stitching could use something else. So I'll be working on it a bit longer than I thought.
My friend Linda H. has some spectacular CQ work on her blog. Have a look. She's so good. I know when her students at Quilt Canada take this class, they'll be wowed at her samples.

1 comment:

Donna's chitchat said...

I love the little button clusters, and the roses. I can't even imagine how much work you have put into these socks. I am so glad you enjoy working on these, they are a true labor of love. And... I might add that your picture taking is good too. Its not easy to get close ups of all those little details without the flash blinding everything, or the picture being blurring. I know.. I am struggling with some closeups right now...