Sunday, March 1, 2009

A Storm Day in Myrtle Beach


Yep, they've called it already. I don't know when the last time Myrtle had snow was, but they are expecting up to 1 inch of snow over night. They've already cancelled school for tomorrow. This will be just like at home I expect although, I'm not sure they have any snow plows here!

See the picture above. The storm is brewing. The waves are so high. The dark clouds are closing in on the horizon's blue skies. There is a lone photographer on the beach taking pictures of the incredible waves. The waters are so calm usually, and it's fun to watch the high waters as they crash near the shore. You know, I am a bit of an expert in high waters. Did you see my post from the Caribbean sea in early December. Now those where high waves.
.
I know I won't be able to out do the folks at home when it comes to the amount of snow, but have you ever seen palm trees in the snow. I'll take pictures in the morning and show you.
.
And later in the afternoon, I'll be posting about my crazy quilting progress - week 2.

3 comments:

Donna's chitchat said...

Holy Geesh!!! Snow in the south. That is hilarious. I am glad this isn't your "week" to be there like most people. I am glad you have another month of warm weather to look forward to! I can't wait to see tomorrow's pictures. We are expecting freezing rain.. actually it is freezing rain right now, and all through the night!

Linda G said...

It looks like it will be a sew day everywhere!

A said...

Loved this post!