Saturday, October 4, 2008

That Darn Tart Hat


I was so excited to start the tart hat for baby Aurora. When I got home last Friday from my Friday Girls coffee with my borrowed double pointed needles, I started. The bobble pattern is a little confusing. Increase 5 stitches in one stitch every third stitch. That was no problem. The dec row is bringing those 5 stitches down to one stitch, and creating a bobble. The problem is on the decrease row, you have to knit 3 stitches together and slip 2 slipped stitches over. Get it.

Well, those decreases were murder. I suffered through my first set of bobbles and got ready to do the second set of bobble decreases and couldn't do it. So yesterday I posed my problem to the Friday girls and they suggested using a crochet hook. Great idea. I borrowed a crochet hook I came home and tried it and it worked great, as long as I slipped the hook backwards. I now have another row of bobbles done. I'm hoping to do 2 more rows of bobbles today and 2 tomorrow to get to the point of the hat where I decrease. And then I hope to have the hat finished for when baby Aurora comes on the Thanks giving weekend - next weekend.

1 comment:

Donna's chitchat said...

WHAT A TON OF WORK... it is adorable too. It looks so small, though, do you think it will fit?