Saturday, June 7, 2008

Home, Home on the Rock

I'm currently in St. John's Newfoundland, and this is the last day of our Quilt Canada conference. I've spend the last 6 days staying in a sparse but adequate dorm room at the Memorial University. They are much like the dorms at UNB. The good thing is that I have a double room all to myself.

Daily quilt classes are held in nearby buildings. Today I take a beading/embellishing class from Bonnie Voice, who is from Alberta. Tonight is the grand final banquet being held at the Fairmont Hotel. I understand that we'll be piped in and the whole thing is expected to be spectacular.

Even though this week was fun, I've seen lots of works that have inspired me. Now I can't wait to get home to sort through pictures and see what goes on my to-do list. I won a book at last night's banquet, called Alex Andersons neutrals. It has lovely projects and when I opened the book, it fell to a quilt that I just love. So that is the first item to go on my list.

Mert arrived by plane yesterday, and he is staying with Ed, at the Ramada downtown. Lois and I will join them bright and early tomorrow as we head for a few days of sight-seeing.

It's not quite done, but I have to show you a wallhanging that I made in Judy Morningstar's "Home, Home on the Rock" class. This is a picture of my "Home, Home on the Rock". It'll be a great souvenir of my time in Newfoundland.

I'll be back in Freddy Beach on Thursday, June 12.

1 comment:

Donna's chitchat said...

I love your house on the rocks. What a fun thing to be at, surrounded by equally creative people. Fun... hi to Mert. Stephanie said Kitty is not pleased to be back there again. But its only for a few days instead of a month.