Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy New Year

Well, Happy New Year everyone. It's a bright sunny day which is always a great way to start a new year. After going out to hear Elvis at Franks Finer Diner last night and eating a deep fried seafood platter, I was so glad to go to the Gym this morning. A great ending to the old year, and a great beginning. I need to recalibrate my Nike sensor. This morning, I had the first run using it and it said that I went 4.7 kms but I only went 4.0 on the treadmill. So that'll be a good excuse to get outdoors for a run to recalibrate. I have a measured km that I use for calibration only and it's winter friendly so tomorrow might be that day. My running goal for the year 2008 is to get to 1000 kms according to my nike sensor. I'm at 500kms now.

I'm making a list of sewing projects to finish, and start. I really would like to improve my machine quilting so I ordered an instructional video. My inspiration was from this entry into a quilters blog. This was her first time trying after looking at the video and I think it's awsome. I can't wait to get started. Yesterday, I finished the borders on my Holly Goose Chase quilt from the Thimbleberries Classic book. I thought I might get it done for this Christmas, but it'll be done for next Christmas. It still needs the holly. I think I'll try to machine quilt it myself using free motion feathers. Get it, geese, feathers... we'll see..

In the month of January, I have to finish the St. Dunstan's Burgoyne Surrounded quilt top. I also have 2 small quilts to make for Baby Aurora, one for her place and one for mine. They won't take long. I also have a Christening gown to make for her. That will be fun. I love making little dresses. We're going to try to have the baptism on the same day as my niece graduates from UNB. May 29th, 2008.

No comments: