Tuesday, January 22, 2008

The 25 weeks before Christmas

By noon today, we had driven Patience to Saint John and returned back, and gone for a 40 minute walk at the Orena and had lunch all made. This afternoon was spent quietly surfing the internet, and cleaning up my sewing room. The snow is falling gently.

I found myself sewing in my dreams all night last night. See, I joined a yahoo group called 25 weeks. It's a sewing/quilting group who are planning to sew small projects/gifty things for each the 25 weeks preceeding Christmas. So the group is laying out a strategy..... Plan, prepare and execute. Plan means to decide all the projects you want to make. Prepare means gather all the materials you will need, and put it in a ziplock bag and put in a holding bin. Execute means that in July, we start to make these 25 projects, week by week. Many members are contributing patterns they created and are giving links to other public patterns. It's fun to see them. I contributed the luggage tag pattern since I was one of the 2 designers. So in my semi-sleep stage, I was thinking of my list of 25 items that I'll plan to make. Right now, on my list, I have table runners, owls, luggage tags, nesting cosmetic bags, baby bibs on my list. I need about 20 more items.

Look at these owls, aren't they precious. http://moonstitches.typepad.com/moonstitches/zakka/index.html

Tomorrow I work for half a day. Well, not quite half a day... after I get my run in, I have a meeting to go to for half an hour. Then I need to hit the dollar stores looking for fun things for the kids lunches on Thursday. Glad you mentioned the chocolate rocks Donna.... I almost forgot..

1 comment:

Donna's chitchat said...

The owls are really sweet. They really do look like owls too. I would like a casserole tote, if your making "gifts for family" on your list of 25 things to make. I go to 5 or 6 pot lucks a year and I wish for one everytime I go. I use my 9x13 pan for most of my casseroles cause you need to have enough for 30 people or so to have a nibble!