Monday, September 23, 2013

What to do with Odd or Misc. Blocks - Give them away!

When making a quilt, I usually make a practice block.  Or when making a scrap quilt, I always make extra blocks just in case.   I gather these blocks in a box thinking I'll do something with them some day.  

I've seen lots of ideas of making use of these blocks, but I never get around to it.  There are always so many things on my to-do list that will take less brain power.

Well my friend Joan B. is an ardent advocate for Victoria's Quilts in our area.  I was lamenting on what to do with these odd blocks one day, and she simply said, "Give them to me, and I'll use them for Victoria's Quilts".   Poof ... it was a light bulb moment for me.  I couldn't wait to get home and empty out my box of odd and practice blocks and as easy as that they are gone.  I'm glad that they will be put to good use, and I'm glad they are gone.  

My Misc Blocks Box wasn't empty for long.  I contributed to the box again this morning.    I won't wait so long to get rid of them next time.  

Thanks Joan B.  for all the work you do for Victoria's quilts, but also for taking these blocks off my hands.

1 comment:

Sandra said...

Well done. Gorge Quilt Guild also does a lot of work for Victoria's quilts. It's such a wonderful ministry. Love your "storage"boxes!